Monday 9 March 2015

The many faces of Bayon Temple

VBoth Kurt and I enjoyed Bayon temple the most. With its many faces which once were Buddah however changed to become the many faces of the king. The temple itself is set in the middle of Angkor Thom a complex containing a few temples including Bapuon which we hadn't intended to visit though ended up there anyway, an 11th century temple with incredibly steep steps built to reach the top. Keeping in mind that those tiny steps are built on top of the original even tinier steps!!! 

Bayon is beautiful we arrived as dusk was setting in, originally I had thought that I wanted to see Bayon at sunset instead of doing Angkor Wat and dawn and I'm so glad I made that decision.
The temple has so many dimensions and outlooks, stunning from any angle and with the sun setting over the smiling faces looking out to the horizon it is completely mesmerising.
I hope one day I get the chance to return and spend a little more time exploring and admiring the temples it's hard to do them in a day so next time I will take longer. 















No comments:

Post a Comment